• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM preview and Shift RAM preview option not available

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have after effects cc 2015(13.5 version) installed in my laptop.RAM preview and Shift RAM preview option is not available in Preview panel.PFB snapshot.What should I do?RAM preview.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017
I have after effects cc 2015(13.5 version) installed in my laptop

if you want to use CC2015 least buggy version, you should update your software to 13.7.2 on Mac or 13.7.1 on Windows

With Shift Ram preview it was possible to change the settings for fast preview of videos.Is it possible to do so in after effects cc by any means?

as of CC2015 you have more options than ever for your previews. you can adjust them to taste: Preview without rendering in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are no longer a part of CC, I started with 2015 so don't know about 2014 but the RAM preview hasn't been in the software since CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Shift Ram preview it was possible to change the settings for fast preview of videos.Is it possible to do so in after effects cc by any means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have after effects cc 2015(13.5 version) installed in my laptop

if you want to use CC2015 least buggy version, you should update your software to 13.7.2 on Mac or 13.7.1 on Windows

as of CC2015 you have more options than ever for your previews. you can adjust them to taste: Preview without rendering in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manojg59127582  wrote

Yes.

When you go under the "Shortcut" dropdown, you have tons of options to configure.

All of those shortcuts are active, by the way, you use that dropdown in order to be able to configure what happens when you use those shortcuts.

0previewoptions.jpg

Also, as others have mentioned, you really, really need to update! 13.5 was the buggiest version of AE and it was the first iteration of the new preview architecture. MANY bug fixes and very useful changes happened between 13.5 and the 13.7.1 updates!

Also, you could consider installing the latest version alongside your CC 2015 release. CC 2017 has a lot of really useful new features, bug fixes, and some huge speedups compared to the old release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx. I will check for updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM preview hasn't been in the software since CS6.

you probably mean CC2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably, I don't know if it was in 2014 so that's why I said CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it was in 2014 so that's why I said CS6

it was, and also in the version after that which was CC. it's only in CC2015 where Ram Preview was declared dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines