• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How would you paste an image into a selection?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I am new to photoshop and I have a method that works fairly well to accomplish what I want but I am interested to see how others would accomplish the same thing or if you guys do the same thing.  I want to see if there is a more efficient way or a better way to get the same result.

What I am doing is taking an the image below and pasting it into the controller but I want to be able to see all of the lines from the layer below so you get the 3D effect of the controller and it just doesn't look like an image pasted into it.

I have provided some files in a dropbox link so you can mess around.  There are 2 different images and the PSD file for the controller.  Below you will see a final product of what I am looking for.  Thanks for your help!

Dropbox - PS4 Photoshop PSD

PS4 Pro Dragon Heads.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi

I suspect a similar way to you

I have 3 groups.

The lowest is just the original image and a white background (so that I could see the masking)

The second is the masked red with the eagle image clipped to it. I also used a displacement filter which was not really needed on the eagles image which was full of curves but would have made a big difference on a flat square type image.

The third group is the masked red layer but bringing out the shadows and highlights with B&W and curves. This masked lay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I suspect a similar way to you

I have 3 groups.

The lowest is just the original image and a white background (so that I could see the masking)

The second is the masked red with the eagle image clipped to it. I also used a displacement filter which was not really needed on the eagles image which was full of curves but would have made a big difference on a flat square type image.

The third group is the masked red layer but bringing out the shadows and highlights with B&W and curves. This masked layer was set to multiply.

Right at the top is another curves adjustment

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you keep all the color of the original eagle image?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Switch the B&W adjustment layer off in the middle group and re-adjust the curves

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Dave

You know you are old when you don't have the first idea what one of them is for.

So what does it do then Dave?

Being ever so slightly serious, I have not played computer games since the original DOOM which Google tells me was in 1993, but it feels way more than 24 years ago.  That's just about when the Knowl brothers invented Photoshop, but that doesn't feel nearly so long ago.  (possibly because I didn't start using it till version 4 in 1996)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know you are old when you don't have the first idea what one of them is for.

So what does it do then Dave?

Well obviously it's a .....errr...........you know one of them ....mmmm.....errr.... !

..........  (possibly because I didn't start using it till version 4 in 1996)

You started digital earlier than me. In 1996 I was still using my trusty and much loved RB67 - 6x7 negatives - pin sharp enlargements and negligible grain - loved it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines