Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noisy Feathering

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

This one has stumped me and i'm sure it's pretty simple but its causing me all sorts of grief.

I just want to do simple feathering of an object. However every time I do it its super noisy. I thought it was a brush problem but re-setting everything has had no effect. Below is an example. I've scoured the internet for help but to no avail. Thanks in advance!

Before

Image-01.jpg

After

Image-02.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks you are using a brush tip shape with No Hardness Support, Change the Brush tip shape to Basic Brush with Hardness value set to 0.  and make sure the blending mode in the option bar is set to NORMAL,

if that is not the case, please post a screenshot shows Layers, Brush settings with Option bar

Brush.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Mohammad. I'm going to try that and see what happens. If it doesn't work i'll make sure I screenshot the brushes preset!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the layer set to Dissolve instead of Normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara, It is set to normal. I have played with alot of the layer styles just incase there was conflict there! Thanks for your reply though. I'll double check!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I checked and played around last night. No luck! Below is my brush settings.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the issue, confirmed in that screenshot - your Layer is set to Dissolve. Change it to normal.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

I can see the issue, confirmed in that screenshot - your Layer is set to Dissolve. Change it to normal.

Dave

The OP said that the _brush_ was set to normal, but one look at that screen shot and it was SOOOOO a dissolve issue.     But it gives me another chance to wheel out this old gag.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha

Yes, it had to be layer or brush set to Dissolve and the screenshot in post 5 clearly confirms it is the layer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be so easy to overlook the obvious. Yesterday, I was unable to enter numeric values into the Curves dialog. "WTF!!!??? I can enter numbers with the top-row keys, why not the numeric keypad!!! AAAAaaarrrrrgh!"

A good ten minutes later, I noticed I'd accidentally pressed the Num Lock key .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've all been there ..and it's only obvious after you find it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hahah. Well thanks everyone! I'll go back into my dark edit suite and stick to video editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines