• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add non printable tag markers/characters in illustrator text range?

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All,

I am a plugin developer for Adobe InDesign and I just started looking into Illustrator.

In InDesign we have a mechanism of tagging text using tags panel and in that mechanism when we tagged a text range it encloses that text range into a pair of non printable characters of [], I am attaching a screen shot for more clarity

Non printable marker/characters appear in InDesign as follows

tagMarkersInInDesign.png

So can we add such non printable markers/characters in Illustrator text range?

Regards,

Alam

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't this functionality is available in Illustrator plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok do you see any other way to notify a user when he select the text range and clicks a button in extension that selected text range is tagged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the concept of Art dictionaries in InDesign?

In Illustrator, every piece of art can have a dictionary associated with it where you can store whatever data you want. This is preserved when you save and reopen the file. See the Webter sample and AIDictionary.h header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could write an annotation plugin. Annotations are drawn after AI renders the artwork. You could detect what's selected and add special markings like what you had in your example. Tricky, but doable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines