Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scriptable plugin in Illustrator

Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am a regular plugin developer for InDesign and now I just started plugin development for Illustrator

As in InDesign we have a concept of making plugin scriptable means plugin can expose some method/property to an existing DOM object so that we can access that method in scripting DOM.

e.g I have added a method HelloWorld in the document object in C++ native plugin and in jsx script we can access that method as follows

app.activeDocument.HelloWorld() // exposed method in C++ plugin is accessible in scripting DOM

Does we have same scriptable plugin feature in Illustrator? means adding a method in C++ plugin, expose it and make it accessible in scripting DOM.?

Regards,

Alam

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't this functionality is available in Illustrator plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you can add scripting to an AI plugin, but it's limited. You can expose scripting support but it requires the script to perform a LoadLibrary() call on your plugin before your scripting is available. I've only just begun to play around with this myself but it seems promising (it'd be nicer if our scripting could just be there when our plugin was loaded, but you take what you can get).

I think this is what you want:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/scripting/estk.html

If you run the installer inside, I believe you'll end up with an SDK folder somewhere. Look for:

SoCClient.h

SoSharedLibDefs.h

Those are the headers you need. You'll have to piece together how to do it from the sketchy documentation, but it's not as bad as that sounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also interested in making a plugin that can be called via script.

I am a beginner in creating plugins...

Do you know where I can find indications or examples?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines