Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poster Printing - Including marks where to cut and stick

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an inkscape document which is Din A2 size. I want to convert it to a PDF-File containing Din A4-pages which can be printed out on home printers and then easily cutted and sticked together.

I tried various times (printing PDF in Din A2, then again printing in Din A4 using the poster function) but

-  how can I include a border on every Din A4-page to make sure that everything lies within the printable area

- without shrinking the original size of the document

- including marks ON the sheeds, ideally numbered, showing where to cut and stick

- as it is not a poster but a pattern it would be fine seeing these marks even after having cut and sticked

I hope one can help and plese tell me, which Adobe-Version I need - currently I have a test version of Adobe DC and I just don't come through.

Thanks so far!

[Moved out of (the mostly defunct) Print Design forum and into an Acrobat-specific forum - moderator]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

There are a couple of ways to do what you want, 1.) is using Adobe Illustrator, the other is using 2.) Adobe Photoshop:

-  how can I include a border on every Din A4-page to make sure that everything lies within the printable area

Open the Inkscape file using 1.) Illustrator > View > Show Page Tiling; use the Page tool and print the selected page area; in other words, align the Page to where you want to print, but instead of printing > Save As > PDF.  2.) Using Photoshop, open the Inkscape file as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of ways to do what you want, 1.) is using Adobe Illustrator, the other is using 2.) Adobe Photoshop:

Open the Inkscape file using 1.) Illustrator > View > Show Page Tiling; use the Page tool and print the selected page area; in other words, align the Page to where you want to print, but instead of printing > Save As > PDF.  2.) Using Photoshop, open the Inkscape file as a .tiff @ 150ppi @ RGB ( or CMYK ) > Set the Rectangle tool to a size slightly smaller than A4 ( you will have to determine how much bleed you will want to include in the capture > in PS use guides to divide the original poster into A4 sections > use the Rectangle tool to select each tile > Copy each tile and paste into a new PS document > Save As > Photoshop PDF.

- without shrinking the original size of the document

The methods above will not shrink the original.

- including marks ON the sheeds, ideally numbered, showing where to cut and stick

You would be better off using Illustrator for that > Open PDF created above ( one of tiles ) in Illustrator > you should see the page margins used in the print-to-PDF op > manually add trim marks and tile number.

- as it is not a poster but a pattern it would be fine seeing these marks even after having cut and sticked

Yes, but you probably won't because each page will be trimmed to assemble the final poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help, this is a great support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines