• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interlacing issue in after effects preview (looks similar to screen tearing)

Explorer ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

I think it is a driver issue, like you said it is only happening on AMD desktop GPUs.

Mine starts interlacing at approximately 2368x1372 not 2727x1539.

Anywho this really needs to be fixed as I often like to work in 4k, and adaptive resolution isn't always useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics drivers/ adjust their settings and check the corresponding stuff for Fast Draft etc. in AE. Your slightly defunct drivers are probably also the reason why the Premiere import doesn't load.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My drivers are up to date. I tried fast draft instead of adaptive resolution, and nothing changed. I have an amd r9 380x and yes I did reinstall drivers.

Edit: If I change Render detail to auto instead of full/quarter It doesn't tear up on playback but occasionally still causes random tearing issues when navigating.

Also if I change the comp resolution lower then 1080p usually there is no screen tearing, it mostly occurs at higher resolutions, which seems like a rendering problem. This shouldn't be the case however as my computer is surely capable.

Computer specs:

AMD r7 1700 8c/16t @3.7GHz

r380x 4GB VRAM

16GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, version of After Effects are you using?

(Apologies if that's shown in the video; I can't access Google Drive from the network where I work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for giggles, let me know at what comp resolution does the tear occur for you. For me it was 2727x1539 - anything larger than that got broken. Since I tried UHD projects on an older AMD gpu laptop and a newer Nvidia gpu one, at least for me the issue is isolated to the AMD desktop gpu. Also, just to AE. No problems with Vegas or Premiere.
_________

i7-5820K / Radeon RX 480 8GB VRAM / 32GB RAM / Win 10

2 x Samsung U32D970Q, DP, 3840x2160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try turning your resolution to "Auto" or going into your settings and turning the "user hardware to...accelerate...panels" option off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a driver issue, like you said it is only happening on AMD desktop GPUs.

Mine starts interlacing at approximately 2368x1372 not 2727x1539.

Anywho this really needs to be fixed as I often like to work in 4k, and adaptive resolution isn't always useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning the "Hardware accelerate...panels" option off help?

Screen+Shot+2016-02-17+at+8.37.08+AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that fixes it, thanks so much.

But now I won't get the full potential out of my hardware 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That feature doesn't get the "full potential" out of your hardware either. It doesn't really speed up rendering or anything. It really only effects things when you're using color management.

You can try leaving it on, but changing the resolution of your panel to Auto. That also usually fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines