• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the lens profiles?

Explorer ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "Lens Correction" only 8 lens profiles are listed, most of them for lenses I do not have, and does not list some lenses that I do have.  How do I find and install profiles for the lenses I do have?  I searched support site and contacted a Chat session.  Neither was any help.  Chat said to get profiles from lens manufacturer but when I checked the Nikon site they do not list any lens profiles.  Chat session said that the profiles that are listed were defaults that were part of the program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably loaded a JPG photo. Most of the lens profiles are for RAW only.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with jpeg file or raw file? The vast majority are for raw files, very few for jpeg files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what happened but I never received an email that I had received a response to my question so here is a follow up.

I was using Nikon RAW files.  I did receive an email response from Adobe with links to various sites but none of them addressed my question.  They just directed me to a list of lenses Adobe supports, how to bring up the list of lenses in LR, and how to create lens profiles.  My question is since Adobe lists around three dozen Nikon lenses that it has profiles for why does my version of LR only display eight profiles?  Has Adobe deliberately left profiles out of LR v6 (i.e., standalone) to try to force users to use the more expensive (and revenue generating) CC version?  A very simple question.  Why wont Adobe tech support answer it?  I'm really disgusted with Adobe tech support.

P.S.  Any ideas why I did not receive an email notifying me that I had responses to this post?     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens profiles are format-specific. There are far more profiles for raw images then there are for JPEG images. You haven't mentioned the operating system you are using. I use Windows 10. Here is a snapshot of the path to where the lens profiles are located on my system.

Capture.JPG

ProgramData is a hidden folder that you will have to choose to display in order to have access to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with Nikon RAW too and I see dozens of profiles.

There is no difference regarding the profiles between LR6 and CC. Both also get new profiles periodically.

What is the source of your RAW file? Camera and lens type?

Can you share a sample file using GoogleDrive, Dropbox ar alike?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. The lens profiles for my Pentax lenses were on the list until quite recently. The support site says the lenses are supported, but Pentax is no longer a choice on the list. These are DNG files produced natively by Pentax. See the image below. This is Mac OS 10.10.5

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.44.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact camera and lens type?

Exact version of Lightroom?

Are these in-camera DNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Pentax K-1 and a Pentax ED SDM WR 24-70 2.8 lens

Lightroom is CC 2015.10.1 Camera Raw 9.10.1

Yes, in-camera DNG

The Pentax lens profiles were visible until not very long ago with the same camera, lens and in-camera DNG.

Thank you for your attention to this problem

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Pentax lenses in the list.

What is the full text here behind the drop down - Unab..:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't, and I used to. Older photos taken with my old K-3 and a different lens are no longer able to show Pentax on the list for lens profiles. I've kept my LR up to date with the latest updates and made no manual changes. So what's the solution? Isn't it possible that one of the updates to LR is somehow suppressing some manufacturers in the list?

I can't see from the image you included what's going on, btw.

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer my question above. It's about the partial screen-capture you posted, so you should be able to tell us what text is behind the drop-down.

Check for the profiles at the location listed here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-cc6-default-locations/

If the profiles are there, you may try to reset preferences Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't understand that you were asking a question before. The text reads "Unable to locate a matching profile automatically". I have an import preset that enables profile corrections, so it may be that the message is a result of that part of the preset failing.

As to the location, these aren't custom profiles, they are the (previously) built in profiles that I've been using and are listed on the Adobe support site. At the location indicated on the link you provided, all I have is a psycache.dat file.

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This where the supplied profiles are installed:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0

And this is where you must put the custom profiles:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the equivalent location on Mac OS?

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the custom profiles its something like:

MacintoshHD/Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/

I don't know for the Adobe supplied profiles - simply search your drive for LensProfile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi first time user and I think I am in the right place. I have LR 6.0 and Win 7. I have located the profiles I want from the DNG converter and have saved them to a folder. From a previous post

This where the supplied profiles are installed:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0

And this is where you must put the custom profiles:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

I put the files in the first location as I couldn't find the second. I have restarted both PC and LR but even though the profiles are in the LR Lens Profile 1.0 files they don't appear when I try to find them in Develop module.

Can anyone offer some advice ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, please update to the latest LR6 version which is LR6.13. Use the update option from within LR or download directly from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Read my post and use the link posted earlier in this thread to find the correct location for adding profiles.

Here's a list of all supported lenses and the LR versions needed: Supported lenses

Which lens are you missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the folders with the lenses I need, Nikon and Sigma.

But I cannot find the location folder 'C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0' in which to put the folders. Is there an easier way to set up these lense profiles? Why has Adobe removed them from the software?

It was much easier when it was just  in the lens corrections drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, no lens profile that has been available has been removed later.

Which lens exactly are you looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing lens profiles in the location where the built-in profiles live doesn't work, because Lightroom will not pay any attention to them. It only pays attention to profiles in here that it knows about; which have been installed with the software / in subsequent software version upgrades.

Any other lens profiles that the user makes or downloads, must go into the user's data area. I believe LR only checks what is in there at startup; it may be necessary to have closed and restarted the program before it appears.

The user can then manually select newly added profiles; usually they will not get Auto detected. However a user default lens assignment can be set up, so that hereafter some (initially) manually selected lens profile is automatically chosen in future whenever other images of the same kind (Raw / nonRaw)  taken with the same camera model, and showing the same encoded Lens ID, are encountered. This requires those other images to have lens profile correction checked; also, for their lens profile selection option to show "Default" (not Manual, not Auto).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a useful experiment to try setting the camera to PEF rather than DNG, take and import a couple of shots and see whether the lens profiles show up against that. If so, the profiles are indeed present.

The next experiment would be to take a camera PEF and convert it to DNG using the Adobe DNG Converter and see whether that works any differently.

I have shot Pentax over many years and have found the support for native in-camera DNG generally not quite as good, across the industry, as is support for PEF. I decided to shoot PEF accordingly. (Also I actively prefer in any case how Adobe metadata gets written back to a PEF: safely into a separate sidecar file, which is then quick to backup; rather than updating the main file again each time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this has been a long time, but are you sure that you are not trying to apply that to a JPG file ? Maybe you had RAW+ (DNG+JPG) selected in your camera ? Does it work on other DNG files?
Asking that because in my case that was it... I often wondered why, and just found my answer today (Using Lr 6.14 Standalone/ perpetual license... But otherwise I see the lenses listes in the supported lenses listed on the Adobe site, except maybe the latest ones..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines