• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat : Support for Adobe PostScript 5

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m reviewing your Acrobat (DC/XI) software, and I am just wondering Acrobat can support:

1. PostScript language level 5; and

2. "live" and "flattened" transparency

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

There is no such thing as PostScript Language Level 5!

There were only three PostScript language levels, the original PostScript (language level 1), PostScript Level 2 (language level 2), and PostScript 3 (language level 3). PostScript was never updated to include support for live transparency. There will not be any language levels beyond 3!

In terms of transparency, PostScript does not support transparency in any of its versions. PDF does support live transparency beginning with PDF 1.4.

If you ar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as PostScript Language Level 5!

There were only three PostScript language levels, the original PostScript (language level 1), PostScript Level 2 (language level 2), and PostScript 3 (language level 3). PostScript was never updated to include support for live transparency. There will not be any language levels beyond 3!

In terms of transparency, PostScript does not support transparency in any of its versions. PDF does support live transparency beginning with PDF 1.4.

If you are creating PDF via distillation of PostScript, any transparency in the original document must be flattened into opaque objects in order to generate PostScript for the distillation. The resultant PDF will obviously only consist of opaque objects (i.e., flattened or what we call “ruined” transparency.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Dov

Thank you for all your assistance.

I appreciate it. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines