• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Crashes my Laptop Immediately upon Opening

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! I've been having problems opening Photoshop CC 2017 lately on my Windows 8 laptop. Once I click on the icon to open it, my laptop crashes almost instantaneously afterwards. Usually this means it needs to update but, even after updating Adobe CC and then Photoshop, it is still crashing with an error code that starts with something like "kernal_". Its bothering me immensely and in keeping me from being able to get my work done. If anyone is able to help or any advice/ideas that worked for them, please let me know!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Thank you so much! I didn't know I was able to go here to find the issue. It seems that a bugcheck caused the computer to crash before Windows could register that I opened Photoshop. I suppose I'll close the question and head to google to see if I can find anything there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post you Windows 8 Photoshop Crash reports details here.  Have you tried resetting your Photoshop Preferences yet?

CC 2015 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I didn't know I was able to go here to find the issue. It seems that a bugcheck caused the computer to crash before Windows could register that I opened Photoshop. I suppose I'll close the question and head to google to see if I can find anything there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines