• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making an interactive form where the text boxes are responsive?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm building an interactive form that is being used as a type of "performance-review" document. I've created interactive fields where people can type in their answers. However, I'd like to make those fields size-responsive so that as people type more, the size of the field increases. I figured this would be the easiest way for the supervisors to print out the forms afterwards and read them in hard copy format.(employees would rather fill out a form on their computer, and supervisors would rather have hard copies to read and for markup).

So.. can anyone point me to how I would do that?  I'm not sure what I'm missing... thanks!

-jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

I don't think you can do that with Acrobat Forms. You can make the type scroll and you can make the type go to a smaller size to fit the box by selecting "Auto" under size. Not that I think that these are satisfactory solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can do that with Acrobat Forms. You can make the type scroll and you can make the type go to a smaller size to fit the box by selecting "Auto" under size. Not that I think that these are satisfactory solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify Derek's "I don't think so", his answer is correct with what you can do in both InDesign and in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either that or let it scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can scroll but that's only good for end-users viewing the form on-screen, the whole text wouldn't print out (as you know of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jrm272727,

If you make an interactive fillable form, you would have a fixed content area for any comment. Once someone exceeds the fillable area you get a scroll option and the content can be scrolled and seen.

If you need to enlarge the content area instead of the scroll option, I believe you need to use AEM Forms Designer formerly Adobe LifeCycle Designer, for that, wherein you can create dynamic PDF. Please check these links:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/aem-livecycle/designer-dynamic-forms/

Download Livecycle designer tool | Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 4

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohmnath  wrote

If you need to enlarge the content area instead of the scroll option, I believe you need to use AEM Forms Designer formerly Adobe LifeCycle Designer, for that, wherein you can create dynamic PDF.

omnath​

Now that LiveCycle Designer has become AEM Forms Designer, is it also available for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last information I heard is that LifeCycle Designer apparently will never be available for the Mac. It's also a deprecated application. Adobe put their focus on Acro forms with Acrobat XI and Acrobat DC. They discontinued incuding LifeCycle Designer with Acrobat.

They apparently have farmed it out only to Enterprise users who still need it.

It wouldn't be available to "normal" users to purchase or subscribe to. Here's a quote from an Experience staff member in another forum:

"As far as i'm aware, credit card are not used for payment on experience cloud. You'd need a pretty high limit to pay the tens of thousands if not millions of dollars that each company pays."

If someone has more "experience" with it, I'd like to hear about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

As Jane rightly said that LiveCycle Designer has become AEM Forms Designer. Unfortunately, it is not available for Mac.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines