• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator - Beta 6

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any complete / in depth / detailed / beginner tutorials or guides use to learn Character Animator?  The tutorials on You Tube are NOT for actual beginners.  The tutorials on the Adobe pages are NOT for actual beginners.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what you mean by an "actual" beginner. Most of our tutorials will count on a basic understanding of Photoshop or Illustrator. If those programs are new to you, it's probably worth looking up some beginner videos for those programs.

Otherwise, the most "complete / in depth / detailed / beginner" tutorial we recommend is Making Your First Character (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube - that starts from scratch and builds up a puppet in clearly-marked sections, and that seems to be where most of our beginner users start. If that feels too advanced for you, it would be great to know where you got stuck - was it moving too fast? Too much PS/AI knowledge? Specific steps that we glossed over or skipped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.  I did attempt the one you referred me to - "Making Your First Character......" .  Stuck !  I will come back to you and tell you just where.  I want to say in advance a problem I know many people have.  Many times the author presenting the tutorial assumes ALL audiences have some working knowledge of this or that which is just not the case.  What if a person has just discovered digital art - or Adobe  - or actually new to it all (Maybe I was a policeman before this).  A person may not want to spend hours and hours learning the basics of Photoshop or Illustrator before diving into a new intriguing work. 

Things may could work better and give a little relief to authors if Adobe would fix its pages of information.  Any time you go to look for something, you go through page after page after page and still probably don't find that particular item.  There is something to be said for an alphabetical index even though it may be old-fashioned.  It saves sooooo much time.

Thanks again for helping - I'll be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed, it's a tough balance. CH connects with a lot of other Adobe products - Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, Premiere Pro, and After Effects - and it's difficult to gauge how deep to go with each of them.

Thanks for the feedback - I am planning an even simpler step-by-step tutorial about creating a Face in Photoshop in the coming months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines