Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending LR catalog to editor via Dropbox

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Last year I was using multiple external hard drives and making many drives to drop off and pick up hard drives from my editor. This year I would like to simplify the process by using Smart Previews and exporting the catalog and sharing it via Dropbox. Last night I tried this and I was able to send everything through Dropbox fine but when I went to open the catalog to my editors computer with her, firstly it made me upgrade the folder to LR6 even though both LR are my 2 CC licences so I am not sure why they would be different, and secondly all I got were blank grey boxes where the images were supposed to be. The Smart Preview icon was at the top right but there were no photos to be found. Am I missing a step here? If I could get this sorted, it would make this summer a lot more manageable.

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolem,

As you mentioned that the folder was upgraded to Lightroom 6 even though you have Lightroom CC licenses, could you please check and let me know if the creative cloud application is running on the computer and make sure that you have signed in using the Adobe ID.

And the gray thumbnails might be a result of an incorrect color profile so please make sure that you have the correct color profile select in the operating system.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative cloud application is in fact running.

As for the grey thumbnails, it is not as if the photos are black and white with the wrong greyscale, it is that the thumbnails are all just a solid grey color. I had some labeled green to indicate something and that is showing up but not the images themselves. If it is a color profile issue, where would I see/fix this issue?

Nicole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information Nicole. Could you please let us know which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting the catalog from my iMac and trying to open from Dropbox from a Dell Laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the smart previews in Dropbox? If not, I wonder if that would make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted all and trying fresh. They are currently uploading to Dropbox the previews.lrdata, smart previews.lrdata and the .lrcat files. I have ensured that the editors laptop is using my second licence of LR through CC and that I am signed in to CC on both but logged out of LR on my desktop while the upload is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am in the exact same boat...with the same results. What finally happened? did it work??? Tips are greatly appreciated before I decide to drive over hard drives and give up after numerous attempts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it is safer to just send (via Dropbox) a Catalog with Smart Previews in a zip file to your editor.

Trying to 'Share' the catalog through Dropbox is highly prone to failure.

Check out this site- How to Use a Master Lightroom Catalog to Outsource Photo Editing - Essential Edit

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines