• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Lightroom 5.2 to 5.7

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my camera to a Canon 7d Mk II and the RAW files are no longer supported in my version of Lightroom 5.2. I've searched around for updates, but I cannot seem to find the download link or file for it. The "check for updates" button just sends me to the free trial downloads of Lightroom CC. The archives just send me to the blog stating that "Lightroom 5.7 is now available" or very old archives of Lightroom 3.6, etc.

Does anybody know how I will be able to update it into the last version or the version that supports 7d Mk II and the RAW files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Download version 5.7.1 from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download version 5.7.1 from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Lightroom 5.7, but do I have to uninstall 5.2 and then reinstall 5.7? That would be a pain to resetup everything again. Or does installing the downloaded software just update it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to uninstall 5.2 -- the 5.7.1 update will install right over it, preserving your preferences, presets, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately - there is no more download link to LR 5.7.1 - only LR 6.0 - which is not helpful for me since I do not own a LR6 product key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links posted in reply #4 of this discussion works to download LR 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I tried that link before and just tried again. Receiving the following message...:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/LTRM/5_7_1/osx10/Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg" on this server.

Reference #18.3fb51002.1561209703.7e1c7f7

Any idea how to proceed? Thx for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link in Post#4 for Windows does still work (just tested).

If it does not work for Mac, you will have to contact Adobe as per this 'help' page-

Download older versions of Adobe apps

and click on- Contact Customer Care

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac link in reply #4 no longer works.  Here are links that work (at least until Adobe removes these too):

Mac: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg

Windows: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/win/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_win_5_7_1.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thx a lot, johnrellis That link works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have a working download link for Mac LR 5.7.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows link above is currently working for me, but the Mac one isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe decided to remove all the public download links for older versions of most of its apps, including LR.  Adobe says you can contact their support and they will send you a link.  See this help article for details: Download older versions of Adobe apps

Beware that many people have had lots of problems trying to get such help from Adobe support, so be persistent. If the first person you talk with is clueless, just hang up/stop the chat and try another one a little later. Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis  wrote

Adobe decided to remove all the public download links for older versions of most of its apps, including LR.  Adobe says you can contact their support and they will send you a link.  See this help article for details: Download older versions of Adobe apps

Beware that many people have had lots of problems trying to get such help from Adobe support, so be persistent. If the first person you talk with is clueless, just hang up/stop the chat and try another one a little later. Let us know how you get on.

Adobe could have left the links active on their web site — WHICH COSTS THEM NOTHING — and instead removed the links, and developed a method that makes it very difficult for people to obtain the links.

There are a lot of people out there in the world who think Adobe is a greedy company that wants to reach into everyone's wallet and extract every last dollar from everyone they can. Generally, I am not one of those people, but things like this certainly give credence to such beliefs, and the optics of this are terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree, they’ve needlessly created a horrible mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also once you get the install files MAKE A COPY OF THEM AND SAVE IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there is no Update to LR 5.x for all versions prior to LR 6 to update LR from one point release to the next point release ypou had to download thew complete program install files.

By the way I have both the Win and Mac OS X versions saved to at least one of my HDD, more like 3 of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem. I tried chat support but they were absolutely no freaking help.

Why did I waste my money on Adobes software?

What I dont understand is they make older versions of LR available to download but not the updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Per Bernsten that link is for a complete download.

I am currently on a mobile connection and will be for 4 more months and the only solution i have seen here is to download a full version of LR 5 which is almost 1G of data which would use most of my hotspot data. So in order to be sure that that download would help me I would need assurance so I know its worth using that much of my data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link posted by Per is the only way to get the update to 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom 5 there were no "patch" updates. Every update was a complete reinstall of the program. As John has  already commented, the link that has been provided is the only way to get the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines