• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable "4 clicks selects all"?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to 2017 Creative Cloud version of InDesign.  Now, if I inadvertently click 4 times using the text tool, it selects ALL text.  When I then try to unselect it, it takes 50-60 seconds for that to happen.  Any way to disable the selection in the first place?

Howard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

There is a preference setting that changes the behaviour of the four-times clicking (as well as triple clicking):

1. Choose Preferences > Type
  2. Select Triple Click to Select a Line.
    prefs-triple-click.png
    This will reset the behaviour of the four time click to select a paragraph and not all the text in a text frame or series of threaded text frames (story).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking four times with the Type tool in InDesign CC 2017 for me selects a paragraph, not all the text.

Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a preference setting that changes the behaviour of the four-times clicking (as well as triple clicking):

1. Choose Preferences > Type
  2. Select Triple Click to Select a Line.
    prefs-triple-click.png
    This will reset the behaviour of the four time click to select a paragraph and not all the text in a text frame or series of threaded text frames (story).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines