• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Installed CS3 on new machine and I get this error popup after launching

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short. I finally got a new work desktop and the old machine got disposed off. When I was installing a new copy of CS3 on the new machine, I get this error message that https://www.adobeereg.com is not contactable. (screenshot below)

The CS3 Version is from a volume licensing key (corporate version). Bought 10 years ago and still works on my old machine.

Things I have done to try resolve it myself.

1) Checked this forum which had another similar topic. - which was to download directly from adobe a copy of cs3 and go from there. unfortunately, my photoshop cs3 is corporate and live chat  told me I cant use that online installer. (couldn't register the product with the serial key that I have)

2) Asked live chat if I could get hold of a copy of the corporate installer. They said there's no published corporate installer available for download. so I'm basically stucked with the DVD which allows me to install just find but can't use cs3 because of the pop up.

I have talked to live chat over the past 2 days ( waited from 12pm till 3pm) to get an answer that I should post a discussion here for help.

Photoshop team - Please help!

photoshop.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

That's just the registration dialog/screen and registration from within photoshop cs3 no longer works properly.

Registration is optional and not required to use adobe programs.

If you turn off your internet connection, then right click the photoshop cs3 shortcut, click on Run As Administrator, then you should be able to to click on Never Register.

After that hopefully you should be able to run photoshop cs3 normally without getting that dialog/screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

网页无法访问

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just the registration dialog/screen and registration from within photoshop cs3 no longer works properly.

Registration is optional and not required to use adobe programs.

If you turn off your internet connection, then right click the photoshop cs3 shortcut, click on Run As Administrator, then you should be able to to click on Never Register.

After that hopefully you should be able to run photoshop cs3 normally without getting that dialog/screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping me! I wished live support had your answers instead of making me wait 3 hours to tell me I gotta go to the forums for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS3, 4, 5, 6 are all out of support now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted the person responsible for installing for Photoshop for the volume licence.  The server Name does not seem to exist these days.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an old adobe registration site for older software like cs3.

It no longer works

The same thing happens on normal perpetual license versions of photoshop cs3 and adobe elements 6 on

both mac and windows.

I don't think it's anything to do with whether its a volume license or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines