• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icon image looks different than actual image due to merged layers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When viewing my icon images in their folder the layers which I merged are invisible ( EX. I added arms onto a chair but in the icon image the arms are missing).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Well, its a good idea to ALWAYS keep your layers for any real project or client.

That way if you change your mind or would like another version you can always go back to the layers to make changes.

But if you don't need the layers, you don't even have to merge anything. You could just turn on the layers that you deem necessary, and then File>Export>Save for Web (Legacy) and choose JPEG and save it out. Then its merged anyway and you have a file that you can post online.  So try NOT flattening the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you merged the layers did you have the Layer Visible? You might have merged all layers together in to one?

Try turning on all the layers in order to see your desired outcome. Then you can either File>Save as or File>save for web... which will save you a flattened copy(so you can always keep your layers for future editing). Or... turn on all the layers that you want viewable, then create a NEW layer in your current project, and select the contextual menu in the layers panel (see image attached), and choose "Merge Visible" while holding down the OPTION key (ALT key on PC). This will then merge all the visible layers that you see in your document to a NEW layer. So you will have ALL of your original layers.... AND one layer that is a copy of everything MERGED!

screenShot.jpg

Hope that helps!

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
310.450.0122 | info@headTrix.com

www.headTrixTraining.com

Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I meant to merge them all into one, didn’t seem like I needed to keep them since all I needed was the finished image. See below how a portion of the arm is missing in the icon image in the folder. I tried flattening the image but that didn’t fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, its a good idea to ALWAYS keep your layers for any real project or client.

That way if you change your mind or would like another version you can always go back to the layers to make changes.

But if you don't need the layers, you don't even have to merge anything. You could just turn on the layers that you deem necessary, and then File>Export>Save for Web (Legacy) and choose JPEG and save it out. Then its merged anyway and you have a file that you can post online.  So try NOT flattening the file and when you save it ,the file should end up looking just how it looks in photoshop!

Hope that helps!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome! So glad I was able to solve your problem and that you were successful!

best,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines