Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Load mogrt into AE

Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I like the new essential graphics workflow between AE an Pr. I can create a lower third once and the control the text etc. without having to create actual copies.

But is there a way to do the same in AE? If I want to use the lower third across my AE project, and just adjust the text parameter. Can I do that without duplicating the lower third comp for every instance?

Thanks,

Jakob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017
is there a way to do the same in AE?

I don't see how that's possible since you have to make unique copies for this to work. if you have an idea for a feature, you can ask for it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

having said that, if this works for you - you could make a setup where you have the same precomp for an animation, have at text layer on top of it, and then there is one copy of that animation, but different text layer in every comp. this way the animation is only changed once, but t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to do the same in AE?

I don't see how that's possible since you have to make unique copies for this to work. if you have an idea for a feature, you can ask for it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

having said that, if this works for you - you could make a setup where you have the same precomp for an animation, have at text layer on top of it, and then there is one copy of that animation, but different text layer in every comp. this way the animation is only changed once, but the text can change in every master comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking. Maybe I missed something. Thank you for answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome Jacob and thank you for pointing this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines