Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug zoom / move when spacebar pressed

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is not an asking for help but just a big bug report.

You dev guys should pay more attention to this before adding other fancy features.

The issue is simple: sometimes when I press the spacebar, it uses the zoom tool instead of the move tool.

And this is pretty random. When I create a new document, the spacebar shows the magnifying glass, but if I switch to another application and come back to XD, the spacebar now shows a hand.

And sometimes, the bug comes back. And sometimes, there is no bug at all.

When the bug is here, I can't - like ABSOLUTELY CAN'T - move in my document (because there is no "move tool" in the toolbar).

The only solution is to switch to another application and come back to XD.

As an ersatz of Sketch, Adobe XD should better Sketch to justify its price.

We're far from this, but it's a beta version so it's normal.

This is why you should take care of the major bugs in the first place (who cares of sharing prototypes when one can't even move in his document?)

Hope this well you to improve the software, because I expect a lot from it (I'm stuck on a pc so I can't use Sketch...)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quentind,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. To help the team prioritize and track your bug, please post with details using this link Adobe XD: Bugs: Hot (369 ideas) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you're holding Ctrl when you press Space?  The combination of Space + Ctrl activates the zoom tool, as a deliberate shortcut.

If not, could you be holding down Ctrl at some other point at a moment when the XD app loses focus?  If so it's possible the app gets confused and thinks you still have Ctrl held down when you come back later.  I can't get that to happen on my Windows machine though, so if this is the reason we should try to understand what steps on your computer are triggering it -- please let us know if you see any sort of pattern in when this starts happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I've seen that it's happening when I press alt+space. And as I use alt for zooming and space for moving, I alternate very oftenly between the two and sometimes I press them both.

What it does is it opens the contextual menu of the application (it does this also in the other Adobe softwares, I think). And this messes up the behavior of the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines