Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paths to illustrator greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try to export Paths to Illustrator but for some reason the option is greyed out. I can't see any trouble in my workpath and the export has been working on other photoshop files, but now I can't do the export. The only difference I can figure out is that the Photoshop file is big and the workpath is complex. So is there some limit on how big of a path you can export?

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

After I saved the workpath I lowered the resolution of the image and was then able to export Paths to Illustrator. So it seems those are somehow connected. But it seems odd as the path stays the same after lowering the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to copy and paste the the path, or drag and drop it? Can you post a screenshot?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% and with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I saved the workpath I lowered the resolution of the image and was then able to export Paths to Illustrator. So it seems those are somehow connected. But it seems odd as the path stays the same after lowering the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it seems odd as the path stays the same after lowering the resolution

Changing an image’s resolution does not affect its dimensions as measured in mm or inches but in pixels but the number of pixels.

And as Paths are not pixel content but vector content it hardly matters on those, as they maintain their dimensions, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eltondo is correct in this case, While working with a large very detailed psb file I found after a certain resolution I was unable to export a path to illustrator. Once lowering the size of the image I was able to export, very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines