• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEPHtmlEngine quit unexpectedly when closing InDesign

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the message "CEPHtmlEngine quit unexpectedly" every time I quit Indesign. I already opened Indesign holding the ALT-Key so clear the preferences. This worked for just one time. After the next time closing the application the message comes again.

I already uninstalled Indesign, cleared all caches, even font caches, restarted and reinstalled Indesign, but the condition stayed the same.

Has anyone an idea to solve this?

Cheers,

Tilman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding down the Alt key wouldn't restore your InDesign preferences. Read this article about the proper keyboard method and the method of removing files to restore preferences

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks I already did the trick holding ALT when opening the application. Made it for me once but then the error returned.

Hi Cari, i don't use any plugin and my OS is macOS 10.12.5 with CC2017 (Indesign 12.0).

Cheers,

Tilman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third party add-ons (extensions/plug-ins) installed in InDesign?

• Check that the versions used are fully compatible with your version of InDesign.
  • Also try uninstalling them from InDesign altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also are you running InDesign CC (2017)? or another version of InDesign?

Which Operating System are you using (e.g. Windows 10?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this again. Problem happens on my CC2018, but it's been happening for years - and it's on my MacOS 10.12.6 machine. No info in activity monitor (tried High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine  )

It doesn't show much CPU usage at all, so it didn't work for me. No notes in Console, either.

Happens with InDesign, Illustrator and others.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Been happening for a long time. I've tried replacing preferences, etc. I even just tried the High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine "fix," but it doesn't fix anything for me (realizing that this fix is from two years ago -- I noticed that there have been some changes in directory structure/location of some of the folders referenced here since then, but I was able to locate them).

I even recently uninstalled one of the CC apps in question (Illustrator, in my case, since that's where I notice it most -- I rarely quit InDesign, because that's the program I use 95% of the time, so I just always leave it up and running), rebooted my Mac, and reinstalled the app. Didn't change a thing -- still have the crashing CEPHtmlEngine.

Granted, this annoyance is just that -- annoying -- and doesn't seem to be causing any other issues. No problems using the actual CC apps, themselves, from what I can tell.

Oh, well. Someday, maybe this will be fixed. Perhaps I'll post a bug report on my end (again...? can't remember if I did this already in 2016 or not).

FWIW:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, late 2011)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1 GB VRAM)

Crucial 1 TB SSD (717.76 GB available)

OS X Sierra (10.13.4)

CC 2018 (all apps up-to-date as of this posting)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've reported this so many times, my fingers could fall off.

As you said, it doesn't seem to affect anything significant, but it IS annoying. In looking at Console when it happened, I seemed to see that it's somehow about the whole connection to the CC cloud thing, but that's as far as I've gotten. I've just learned to live with it, and be annoyed.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me EVERY TIME I quit Indesign CC 2018 - mac OS 10.12.6 - latest builds of InDesign etc.

Really damn annoying.

The other links to download and replace some files doesn't work!

CAN WE PLEASE FIX THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines