• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background colour not printing properly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I found a helpful suggestion to create a background colour on a page (create rectangle box in the Master page, add it to its own layer, add a colour to the box)

I have text and images imported/linked (and transparent) on the page.

I have created a high quality PDF of the document and it looks clear on the screen. When it prints on both our colour printers here, the image boxes appear in a different colour - darker than the background colour.

This is an ad for a glossy magazine and I don't want it to print with darker colour. I obviously want the entire background to be one solid colour.

Any thoughts????

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Bob! Look like that worked for me ... I do have to Print to PDF instead of Export but it appears the quality it the same either way so happy to know there is a way to make it work! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go back to Rob’s advice. Unless that printer is the one you’ll be using, export is still a far better choice and I would be using PDF/X-4 not high quality print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I now to appear to be struggling to get the bleeds ot appear around ALL the sides of the one page when I Print instead of Export. Seem to have fixed one problem and now created another for myself as it seems to think the document is in spreads (?) instead of a single page? I have removed Facing Pages as well. I will try to use the Output Preview but am just nervous to send off a PDF for an Ad without being able to print it here to see it's working ok .....  ....

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Bob! Look like that worked for me  ... I do have to Print to PDF instead of Export but it appears the quality it the same either way so happy to know there is a way to make it work! Thanks so much!

The reason print to PDF works is because printing to postscript flattens the transparency while the [High Quality] export preset leaves the transparency live and your composite color printer can't correctly flatten and output the transparent colors.

I think it would be a mistake to assume your composite printer is capable of accurately predicting what will happen on press, Acrobat's Output Preview numbers would be more reliable for detecting color differences assuming you are using the correct Simulation profile. If the color is really critical you should get a digital proof from the magazine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ad for a glossy magazine and I don't want it to print with darker colour

You can use AcrobatPro's Output Preview to confirm the output values match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob! I will give that a try appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines