Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minimising Indesign & Illustrator Program Windows on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I cannot double-click on the window for Illustrator or Indesign CC2017 to minimise, unless I remove the open file/s from the program frame. It always used to work and it still works in Photoshop (without taking open tabbed files out of program frame). Currently, when I double-click on the program frame, It toggles between whatever size I may have made the window and full screen.

Is there a setting somewhere in the programs that will allow me to do this again? I can adapt, but I'm used to it after all these years. I subscribe to CC and all my programs are up to date.

And yes (in case anyone suggests it) I have Mac OS set to minimise windows when I double-click on them. As I said, I can minimise windows if I remove tabbed files from the program frame.

Thanks in advance

Bert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

When you want to minimize windows, you turn off the Application Frame. When you don't, you use the Application Frame. It's always been that way as far as I know, and it cannot be changed.

But you can resize the application frame, revealing the Desktop, for times when you want to view something there. Just go to any corner of the frame and resize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you want to minimize windows, you turn off the Application Frame. When you don't, you use the Application Frame. It's always been that way as far as I know, and it cannot be changed.

But you can resize the application frame, revealing the Desktop, for times when you want to view something there. Just go to any corner of the frame and resize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve. Now that I know what it's called I can turn it off! It's been bugging me for a while.

Photoshop application frame still minimises when double-clicked. Indesign and Illustrator application frames always used to minimise when double-clicked. Adobe must have made it the way it is now a couple of updates ago. Or perhaps the default wasn't with the Application Frame.

Now that I know, I will hopefully be able to turn it off when Adobe decides to change Photoshop too! If it ain't broke...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines