Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign text boxes being rasterized???

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to create a document that is being exported to HTML.  When I am doing this the program is taking text boxes within the main page text box and they are being rasterized which is no good for being transferred into a mobile app.

Please can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Use custom instead of inline or above line. That will give you an anchored text frame instead of an inline text frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system? Are these anchored frames? What are the exact HTML export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML Settings 1.PNGHTML Settings 2.PNGHTML Settings 3.PNG

Hi Bob,

Its the latest version of InDesign so CC 2017 Version 12.1.0.56 x64 Build.

Operating on Windows 10.

These boxes are anchored to the text above and I have attached images of the settings being used.

Thanks

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say if you created the ID file yourself, but click on a troublesome frame and check the Object Export Options (Object menu) > EPUB  and  HTML     and make sure it says Default, not Rasterise.

Default means use the settings that Daniel displayed in the Export box.

Check to see if an Object Style has been set. If so, you can redefine it and catch them all. Otherwise you fix them one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked the settings and they are set to default and so is the option in the Object Style that has been used for all of these type of text boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to duplicate that here and I can't. Does this happen with other files as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the message 'Inline objects like text frames, groups etc. have been rasterized.'

Not sure if this helps find a fix for this?  Is it a positioning issue?

I have seen it in other documents I've received from the same creator of the document but only a few times out of a couple of hundred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this to do with the way the objects have been anchored as when I move one of the boxes and it changes to the custom settings it shows correctly in the HTML file.

Would the below setting cause this?

Anchored Object Settings.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use custom instead of inline or above line. That will give you an anchored text frame instead of an inline text frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to inform the creator of this going forward and amend these individually.

Thanks for the help in figuring this out, it's much appreciated.

Regards

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While you are informing him, suggest that he/she use Object Styles for these frames so this setting can be changed quickly for print and for html. (If needed, all other attributes can be unchecked.) When the style is redefined, all frames that use it will update. The creator might want Inline for Print and you might want Above Line or Custom for HTML.

Neither of you wants to change it one frame at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you should test with the plug in IN5, in the trial version to see if it's the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines