• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC,X, and XI Freezing when combining pdfs together

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As that title states my computer keeps freezing when combining files in all 3 of these versions of adobe.

Have tried multiple reinstall, install repairs, and also changing versions of adobe.

Only this computer is having the issue and can happen when combining 20 documents or 50 documents, seems to be random.

Also this issue doesn't happen every time either, i could combine 30 pdfs together and then do another 30 pdf file combine and it would freeze.

Any suggestions on how i can resolve my issue?

Windows 7

16GB ram

Core i5 2.5 GHz

Office 2010/2013 both installed at differnt times.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that three different versions of Acrobat are showing the same problem potentially points to something outside of the individual Acrobat installation as the source of the problem. Here are the things I would try:

1. Run a virus scan on your system

2. When a simple re-install does not fix a problem, it's time to use Adobe's "Cleaner" tool to wipe the system clean in regards to any traces of Acrobat: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

If this still does not fix the problem, I would get in touch with Adobe's support regarding the problems with Acrobat DC: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have three different versions of Acrobat installed on the same computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i do not, when changing to differnt versions i fully uninstalled the previous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone got a fix for this besides the cleaner tool? Or has the cleaner tool been working?

I have a user with the same problem, that just started yesterday - uninstalling/reinstalling Acrobat DC or running a repair on DC has not fixed it. I can't use the cleaner tool, as it is for standalone versions of DC and we have an Enterprise install. If the user converts Word 2016 files (.docx) to PDFs first, then she can combine the PDFs ok, but that's just a workaround. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines