• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While opening encrypted file it still prompts for a password

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​I am using Acrobat DC version 15.006.30280.  I have created a digital ID file and set the password timeout to "never".  However, when I open a document encrypted using this ID file it still prompts for a password.  I did not have this issue in earlier ver

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sallywagaman,

Sorry for the delay in response.

With the limited information provided it is very hard to provide suggestions on this.

Would you help us with the exact steps that you take to create Digital Id and how you encrypt a document with that?

If you already have found a solution to this problem, please update the thread with your findings that will help others.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a certificate in "Identities & Trust Certificate Settings" by clicking "add ID", create a new PKCS#12 digital ID file.  I enter the information and password, export the certificate, and send the .fdf file to our administrative assistant.  She installs the certificate on her computer and uses it to create password-protected PDF files containing sensitive information.  It all works well - when I click to open the PDF she sends me it prompts me for the password and then opens.  However, I would like to save the password on my computer so I don't have to enter it every time.  I was able to do that in past versions by going into "Digital ID files", selecting the pfx file and setting password timeout to never.  When I do that in the DC version, it allows me to set the password timeout to never, however, it still always prompts me for a password when opening a file.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sallywagaman, 

I don't remember having that option available for PKCS#12 digital ID file. Would you help us with the screenshot https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot which says never timeout?

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attaching 2 screen shots.   The second one shows the Password Timeout button and the first one shows the window that opens when clicking on the password timeout button.  Setting the timeout to "Never" and entering the password allows me to open encrypted PDFs without entering a password, unless I am using Adobe Reader DC.  With the DC version even though it shows "never" is set, it still prompts for a password.

screen2.pngScreen1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, sallywagaman, for sharing the screenshots.

Please follow the steps and let us know if that helps:

1. Use cleaner tool to uninstall existing installation: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs I am not able to reproduce the issue.
  2. Restart the machine
  3. Download the latest build of Reader DC Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and install. Try again and let us know if that helps any.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines