• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache problem

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to create somthing in After Effects CC 2017 and am having trouble caching when previewing what i have done so far. The cache works fine until 600 frames in which it stops and starts to play, this means I can't preview my entire composition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Well, you know, it's called RAM preview for a reason. No more RAM, no more additional frames. It might be useful to educate yourself on the subject instead of expecting impossible things. If you really need to preview all frames, then lower the resolution to half or even quarter. Oltherwise only getting more memory will allow longer previews.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you know, it's called RAM preview for a reason. No more RAM, no more additional frames. It might be useful to educate yourself on the subject instead of expecting impossible things. If you really need to preview all frames, then lower the resolution to half or even quarter. Oltherwise only getting more memory will allow longer previews.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium  wrote

Well, you know, it's called RAM preview for a reason.

Technically, it's not called RAM preview any more.

But, yes, Mylenium is right. You need to either add more RAM or reduce the requirements (by reducing the resolution or by telling AE to skip some frames [you can have it skip every other frame or every two frames or whatever - very handy]).

Also, if you haven't already, you could consider updating to the latest version. This week, they released the update to AE version 14.2.1. This fixed some major memory issues and, as a result, RAM previews can be a bit longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you it was very kind of you to answer my question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines