• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM preview button not available

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had After Effects CC 2015 installed in my laptop.RAM preview button is not available in window.PFACapture.PNG snapshot.What should I do

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Previewing files wascompletely rewritten in Cc 2015. You can expand the Preview Window for more options. You will have a lot of New options for previewing your comps allowing you to enable or disable things like audio, layer controls, masks, etc. You Can continue using the Control+0 or 0 for previews. As far as I know the previews are always on RAM for the new CC versions, and they are cached to disk once the RAM is full.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previewing files wascompletely rewritten in Cc 2015. You can expand the Preview Window for more options. You will have a lot of New options for previewing your comps allowing you to enable or disable things like audio, layer controls, masks, etc. You Can continue using the Control+0 or 0 for previews. As far as I know the previews are always on RAM for the new CC versions, and they are cached to disk once the RAM is full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Jose's answer help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually still I am unable to preview my video fast .It is rendering very slowly in Timeline panel .I want to know if there is any best way to preview video fast except skipping frames to preview fast .(I have 8GB RAM and 4GB Nvidia GeForce 940MX graphic card )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the obsolete ray-traced renderer? Are you using third-party effects like Element 3d? Are you making heavy use of the newly GPU-accelerated effects? If not, your GPU likely won't matter much.

8 GB is the minimum recommended to run After Effects, so it wouldn't hurt to get more.

The one factor that has the most effect on rendering time is your processor. What's the clock speed?

What's in your composition? I have some comps that run in real time and some that take a few minutes per frame to render, so things can vary wildly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manojg59127582  wrote

(I have 8GB RAM and 4GB Nvidia GeForce 940MX graphic card )

Well, you have pretty much the bare minimum of memory to run After Effects.  You'd be a lot better off with 16 gigs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Ray tracing :a)When CPU is selected ,OpenGL shows up my Nvidia card while CUDA is greyed out

b)When GPU is selected OpenGl and CUDA both shows up my Nvidia graphic card

question 1-I should select CPU or GPU in ray tracing?

question 2-In GPUSniffer,Intel graphic card is showing up in Renderer and not my Nvidia graphic card.Is it OK ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it lets you choose GPU for ray-tracing, choose it. But also, unless you specifically need the ray-traced renderer, don't use it! Use the classic renderer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.- As Szalam says, if you are not doing 3D geometry in your comp, try to avoid the use of the obsolete raytracing renderer in your composition. Raytrace 3D renderer is very slow even with modern GPUs. You can even select the new Cinema 4D renderer to get better time previews.

2.- If your GPU is not listed as compatible, the Raytracing cannot use it.

Anyway, as we have said: try not to use the Raytrace 3D renderer in your comps. You have another option to accelerate your workflow for taking advantage of modern GPU. You can go to File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects. Then, be sure to select Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA).

Try this and comment if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx

Able to render fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reduce the magnification ratio popup to 50% in the Composition Window and reduce the resolution to half or Automatic to obtain good previews at a reasonable size. Anyway, this depends on a lot of factors: hard disk speeds, RAM amount and Speed, size of the original footage and codec. Compressed footage needs more CPU or GPU cycles to uncompressed for playback, something that is not needed with uncompressed footage. Can you give us some additional info about your footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage :640*360,H264,44KHz/32bit U/Stereo

In Ray tracing :a)When CPU is selected ,OpenGL shows up my Nvidia card while CUDA is greyed out

b)When GPU is selected OpenGl and CUDA both shows up my Nvidia graphic card

question 1-I should select CPU or GPU in ray tracing?

question 2-In GPUSniffer,Intel graphic card is showing up in Renderer and not my Nvidia graphic card.Is it OK ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines