Exit

After Effects error:invalidimage buffer size

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got this error while rendering my project:

Screenshot_11.png

I have never gotten this in any other project, only this one. I really want to render it since it took a lot of time.

I heard that it could be because of not enough RAM on my PC, but I have 12gb and I think that is more than enough.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tel lyou anything without any actual info about your project, effects used, footage types, render settings and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you want me to send the after effects project or just a list of the effects used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

List of the effects used would be a good place to start.

Exact version of AE would be useful too.

Just so you know, 12 GB isn't a lot. 16 GB is the amount of RAM I would suggest to start with for AE. I wouldn't want any less!

Anyway, that error message seems to indicate you've got some effect applied somewhere that is making AE see at least one of your layers as absolutely HUGE and is running out of memory trying to handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue; I'am working on a 4 layers file with Stretch&Slide effect applied on two layers, the whole thing is 8 seconds long; I have 64 GB RAM installed on a MacPro 8 Core, SSD.

Any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to tell you that RAM preview runs nice and smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your ram preview at half resolution?

What kind of layers do you have that Stetch & Slide animation preset applied to? If they are video or still images, what size are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SimenS,

Are you still facing this issue? Please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines