• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I update to current version when CC says I am already current?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a Sony A9 and have not been able to import images. Photoshop and Bridge each open them correctly. I've tracked things back to my Lightroom saying it is version 2015.5.1 when the latest version is 2015.10.1. I have tried Help/update - and that says I have the latest version. When I view apps in CC it shows lightroom as up to date. My lightroom also says camera raw is up to date version 9.5.1, when it should be 9.6.1.

It seems like I should uninstall, then reinstall, but I am in France right now and my connection is terribly problematic and slow.

Thanks in advance - Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Use the CC App to remove Lightroom. Then use it to install Lightroom's current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud Desktop App to do your updating of the CC apps. If that fails then you can manually download the 10.1 update from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I do use the CC desktop app, and that is where I got stuck. It says that it is up to date - the only option I see is to uninstall it.

I followed the link and that only seems to be for a non CC download. I just got access to a faster internet connection so I might uninstall it and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC subscription and standalone versions of Lightroom are the same program, just different licensing data. There is only one install program and only one set of patches for both.

If you go the route of uninstall and re-install, it is a two step process:

- install the 6.0 (2015.0) version of LR

- install the update to the current version (6.10.1 or 2015.10.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Joe,

I found a device named MyWebSpot before I saw your note about LR being the same in CC or Stand Alone mode. MyWebSpot had a solid 4G connection and my BW went from .4 Mbps to 28 Mbps - removing a lot of the risk. I tried John's recommendation before I read your note and it worked. So I got two solutions and learned something - not bad!

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the CC Desktop app gets a little confused. Try logging out and back in using your Adobe ID.

If that does not help, use the manual link in JSM's post above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I tried that, but no change. - Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the CC App to remove Lightroom. Then use it to install Lightroom's current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I used your suggestion once I had more bandwidth and it worked as we would want. Thanks!

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines