• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting an image file with the creation date intact via LR for Mac

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutely baffled as to what I'm not doing properly with this one...

Here's the challenge:

1. I see the metadata in an image file when it is imported into Lightroom, specifically the Capture Time and Capture Date.
  2. When I export the file from Lightroom, I go to look at the metadata in Finder and discover that the Capture Date is nowhere to be found and instead I have my choices of the Created and Modified dates, both of which are today's date.
  3. I keep files sorted on a monthly basis, so when I export files from Lightroom, I lose the ability to know when the image was originally created.

Is Finder not robust enough to show me the metadata that contains capture and only shows me created and modified? Should I be using another "Finder" equivalent that shows additional metadata so I can sort my exported files appropriately?

Thanks in advance for whatever assistance the community can provide.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 10.31.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 10.31.45 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Is Finder not robust enough to show me the metadata that contains capture and only shows me created and modified? Should I be using another "Finder" equivalent that shows additional metadata so I can sort my exported files appropriately?

The Finder doesn't have the capability of showing the EXIF capture date as a column.  (Windows File Explorer can do this, but that doesn't help you.)

Some options:

- The Better Finder Attributes utility can set the file creation date from the EXIF capture date for

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Finder doesn't have the capability of showing the EXIF capture date as a column.  (Windows File Explorer can do this, but that doesn't help you.)

Some options:

- The Better Finder Attributes utility can set the file creation date from the EXIF capture date for a batch of photos.  But you'll have to do this every time you export.

- If you want just any one exported batch of photos to sort properly, sort the photos by capture date in LR before exporting them, and use export file renaming to use an increasing sequence number (e.g. p0001.jpg, p0002.jpg, p0003.jpg, etc.).

- Include the capture date/time in the filename of exported photos.  Then sorting alphabetically in the Finder will cause them to be sorted by capture date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines