• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import images

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated LR through creative cloud. I am importing from my Olympus Tough (as my Canon DSLR was stolen this weekend - another story) and I can see the images but they aren't clear and although I select all the button to import them is not highlighted and I can't import them..... Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong/need to do....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom exactly? Click Help > System Info

Which Olympus Tough camera exactly? Seems like Adobe only supports the TG-4

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It is the Olympus Tough TG4 and I just updated LR via CC - so it says 2015.10.1 release and Camera Raw 9.10.1

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, can you import them one at a time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no tried that and same thing happens - can see them in library but they are faded - I can go into Develop and develop them but clearly they aren't imported and when I tried and saved via export it doesn't work......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a typical Raw file from your TG-4 to Dropbox or similar and post a link here so we can try importing it into our Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry taken so long to respond. I don't know what it going on. I have tried two things:

1. imported images from TG4 via iPhoto into lightroom. edited and exported. Then when I go to open them they are not edited.

2. I then took some photos on my rebel in raw and imported, edited, exported and then when I opened them again they were not edited.

I have used lightroom for years and not sure what is going on......

I can email images to you or attach. Getting so frustrated...... having to use old cameras which don't work and now lightroom isn't playing ball..... help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. imported images from TG4 via iPhoto into lightroom. edited and exported. Then when I go to open them they are not edited.

2. I then took some photos on my rebel in raw and imported, edited, exported and then when I opened them again they were not edited.

I missed this post, but this seems to be a different problem?

What file format did you choose when exporting? If you chose Original, the unedited image will be exported. You have to use jpg, tiff. etc. for the edits to be visible,

And in what application did you view the exported files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok you are quite right and I have been particularly thick in exporting in original - so thank you!!!

one more question for you: how come I can see edited images in LR but when I click on them it says 'this file could not be found'

Thank you so much for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These files most likely have an exclamation mark in the top right corner corner in Library.

Click the exclamation mark to point Lightroom to the correct location. (if the whole folder is missing, it will have a question mark - right click the folder to point Lightroom to the new location)

This happens when you move, rename or delete files outside of Lightroom, or the files are on an external disk that is offline.

When you import files, Lightroom records their location, and expects to find them there.

Please note that your photos are not inside Lightroom, they are in folders somewhere on your computer, and are only referenced by Lightroom. All the work you do in LR is with previews that LR creates, you are not working with the originals. All edits are saved as metadata to the catalog.

You may find this article useful: Lightroom basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the dropbox

Dropbox - Lightroom Problemshttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/qzc9fh70ccck7ug/AABGtP8nY1xYBq-jyOIh1fKHa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing one of the DNGs, and it imports just fine.

can see them in library but they are faded - I can go into Develop and develop them but clearly they aren't imported

If you can see them in Library, and develop them, then they are already imported.

If they are faded in Library, you have probably marked them as rejected, and they will have a flag with an X in the top left corner.

If you mean the Import dialog, they will be faded because  they are already imported, and Lightroom won't let you import them again.

and when I tried and saved via export it doesn't work......

What happens when you try to export?

Please quote any error message in full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can edit the images and export them and no error message comes up. When I then open them they aren't edited - they are the original version....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines