• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC2017 stalls with wacom tablet

Enthusiast ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom built Windows 10 / 32 gig RAM, Core i7 3.5 (the six core model)

Up until two days ago my old but well functioning Wacom Intuous 3 tablet worked flawlessly with InDesign CC2017 — and with every other program on my computer. Then, starting two days ago when I select and an image or text frame and attempt to move or edit it with the tablet, InDesign stalls. If I attempt the same actions with my mouse, everything works fine.

The tablet works fine with all other Adobe programs and all other programs on my computer.

Here's what I've done to solve the issue (none of what I've tried has worked). I downloaded and installed the latest WACOM driver. I disconnected the tablet and connected a different one. I deleted preferences. I restarted numerous times.

Can anyone help me with this crazy issue?

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Well friends and neighbors, the issue is solved.

I noticed that I was having some weird pen issues with Word and Excel too. So that made me think that something is out of whack in the operating system - since the drivers were up-to-date. Turns out my machine had not been receptive to Windows 10 updates. I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter and was subsequently able to run the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you've already tried the obvious things that generally help sort these types of problems:

• reset InDesign preferences
  • ensure you have latest driver for tablet installed.
  • another thing to try is disable other third party plug-ins for InDesign that might be installed (but I doubt that'll fix the issue you are seeing to be honest)

I'm not sure if this will help, but apparently Windows 10  'Anniversary Update' has added new pen controls to the system. If you happen to have installed that update, maybe the answer is to be found in the configuration of these (Devices > Pen & Windows Ink, deselect the Use Windows Ink option if it is selected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well friends and neighbors, the issue is solved.

I noticed that I was having some weird pen issues with Word and Excel too. So that made me think that something is out of whack in the operating system - since the drivers were up-to-date. Turns out my machine had not been receptive to Windows 10 updates. I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-upda... and was subsequently able to run the Windows updates to get me up to the latest version and ... Viola! All is back to normal.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same issue, but the suggested solution doesn't work for me. (I have most up to date Intuos and InDesign drivers/software. Windows 10 says it's up to date too.) The Windows Update Troubleshooter isn't solving any problems. (Photoshop works fine, I should add.) It seems this happened with the most recent InDesign update (?). Anyone else seeing this issue? To repeat the problem, the mouse works fine. The touchpad on the Intuos works fine. But when the pen "clicks" on anything in the page, be it an image, text box, etc., the software freezes--the cursor still moves when you move the pen, but the screen is otherwise frozen. As soon as you grab the mouse, it returns to working fine.

If no suggestions, I'll revert to the previous version of InDesign and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines