• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation: page breaks and bullets

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used RoboHelp 7 for HTML to create an online style guide that I also want to be able to print out. When I try to generate printed documentation, all of the bullets blow up to 10 times their original size, and I can't control where the page breaks are within each topic. Is there an easy way to control these elements? Or, I am wondering if I should re-create the style guide in FrameMaker (so that I can control the way it prints) and then import the FrameMaker documents into RoboHelp. That would be a lot more work, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that both the printed documents on the online version look good.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
If you've got FM then personally I'd use that. When I have to create printed documents from RH by exporting to Word I have to do quite a lot of post export processing to make it presentable and it's still a lot less satisfactory than using FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what is causing the bullets issue but maybe the Printed Documentation articles on my site will help.

Whilst I agree with Author Care about FM giving you a better printed document, against that you have to consider your work in setting up the FM document and getting that into a RH output. You can import FM into standalone RH but the process is better if you have the Technical Communication Suite.

You need to consider all that against what should be a minimal amount of time tidying up the output.

I invested time in getting good styles into the StyleMapping template and writing some Word macros to help with the clean up. They can be downloaded from my site. That was a one off. Now an output of 400 pages takes no more than half an hour to clean up and put in some page breaks.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have Technical Communication Suite. Do your suggestions about Printed Documentation on your website still apply? Or should I take some alternate route?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2008 Nov 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There is a lot of information in those articles, what in particular is it you doubt?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp