Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning on a layer in Illustrator with Actions

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I created a template file that contains various background layers on it with an image in front of the background. I am looking for a way to create an action script that I can use to batch process these images.

Ideally, I am looking to have an action script turn on a named layer depending on the background each client wants. For example, I have a layer called "black paper texture" and want to have my action turn that layer on as part of it. Is there a simple way to insert this into my action script? It seems that Adobe Photoshop can record layer interactions, however, it does not work for me in Adobe Illustrator.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use adobe illustrator's variable data to toggle visibility of items, or replace the contents of picture frames too!

Check out this video for more information: Illustrator Variable Data - The EASY way! - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines