Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with PS brushes after upgrading to Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Okay look, I upgraded to Windows 10 like a week ago, when i opened PS to do some commissions, this is what happened. I always change the size of the brush my right-clicking on the screen and then use the mouse wheel to change the size and look how big or small i need it depending on what im drawing, but after the update to windows 10 i cant do that anymore, now i NEED to have the mouse on the brushes box to be able to change the size of the brush and its so annoying because 1. i cant see how big or small the brush is, and 2. im so used to do it like that so much quicker, and it is the same when i use the layer efects and the layer opacity. i need to have the mouse on the option otherwise it doesnt changes with the mouse wheel. I've already deleted and re-installed PS but still the same issue.

Plz help anyone, thanks.

Oh and yeah I've already reset the tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if GPU acceleration is turned on.  If not, make sure that Windows didn't use some sort of arbitrary driver for the video card, instead of an up to date driver from the card maker's site.

[EDIT]  I meant to add that Windows did exactly this to me a few years ago, when updating from Windows 7 to Windows 8.  You'd think it unbelievable, but that's what the buggers did.  Trashed my real deal NVIDIA driver, and replaced it with a generic Microsoft version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm how do i do that? I need steps plz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so sure of why your mouse wheel is not affecting the brush size anymore.... but I have do have two ideas that are really work-arounds.... but I prefer using both to your method, and hopefully you will too!

1. You can easily INCREASE or DECREASE the size of the brush by clicking the LEFT or RIGHT Bracket keys to Quickly increase or decrease your brush size

bracket-keys.png

2. You can Press and HOLD  the CONTROL key and the OPTION key (Mac) and click an hold the mouse down as you SCRUBBY
drag your mouse to the right or left to change the diameter of the brush. The brush on your screen will turn red to view the size. You can also scrub up or down to change the brush hardness.

bracket-keys2.pngbrush-cursor.gif

hope that helps!~

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

uhh thanks but no, i only like the mousewheel is so comfortable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines