Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts/ Menues of InDesign CS5.5 do not work anymore

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy folks!

I run CS5.5 premium under Win 7 ultimate on a Lenovo P50 workstation with an 4K monitor.

After successfully installing CS 5.5 InDesign worked a few day properly, but then I could not activate the icons at the left side with mouse (only via keyboard combinations) and the menues on top of the window can not been activated anymore, neither with mouse nor keyboard.

The same programm I installed for test on a Lenovo T400 with Win 7 professional and here it works without any problems for weeks.

Internet suggest delete cache and preferences in C:/user/app data/roaming... and .../local... but problem continues ;-(

After re-installing programm same result: some days working, then as descripted.

Any idea how to get InDesign working propperly again?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do it "factory reset" - There is a quick and easy method for doing this using the keyboard: close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for quick response...unfortunately i tried this already but without success 😞 (sorry, forgot to mention it in my post)

of course i could uninstall the whole CS5.5 premium package, but as i did once already and it worked just a few days i hope i can avoid this and find a durable solution...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-tools-panels-dont-respond.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines