Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS5 student edition does not update anymore

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy folks!

Running CS5 master edition (student version) under Win 7 ultimate and for some years it worked propperly.

Since last year I cannot update none of the programs although actualizations are indicated.

The not updating parts are:

SHARE CONTENT.RPLN

TXT.RPLN

GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN

GRAPHIC.RPLN

XML.RPLN

HYPERLINKS.RPLN

DOCUMENT FRAMEWORK.RPLN

Any idea?

I do not like the cloud, therefore I really hope this püroblem can be solved to use the programs still!

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

You're not so clear. CS5 not updates by many years, and not will.

Let me be a sorcerer. You see this "plugins not updated" when try to open file from new version? If yes, than send to some dropbox/etc and give it link here. Somebody of us will convert to you your indd to idml.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not so clear. CS5 not updates by many years, and not will.

Let me be a sorcerer. You see this "plugins not updated" when try to open file from new version? If yes, than send to some dropbox/etc and give it link here. Somebody of us will convert to you your indd to idml.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As George hinted, if you're getting that error opening files, it is an indication that the files were created in a newer version of InDesign. If you have one or two files, I'm sure someone will save them back for you but if you need to work with folks using Creative Cloud you need to subscribe yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry if i was not clear enough with my question:

when i click on "search for actualization/ updates" CS5 itself indicates "updates available. do you want to download them"...and then, during the download process the error message occures with "if problem continues contact administrator of your system".

i have not changed anything of my "system configuration", not hardware nor software or network, i am just an advanced user, therefore i simply trusted in the program´s message but do not know what to do now. just ignore it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As and "advance user" you should consider updating to the newer versions of InDesign (CC2015/2017), CS5 is a really old version and has reached its end-of-life.

(You seem to have posted a similar question on this forum a few minutes ago stating you had version 5.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response mentioning my outdated software, but I work frequently in areas with very bad internet connection (not mentioning the personal data issues using the cloud!) and for my use even CS5 (yes I am running a second engine with CS5.5 facing another problem with the user interface, therefore I opened another discussion) is still good enough!

So if you are able to help me at least evaluating the message about available updates for CS5 I would be very happy!

Thanks in advance!

mscforester

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mscforester,

As informed above, CS5 is an old product and it's "end of life". There would be no further updates for the same. You can ignore those notification, in case you are not upgrading to CC. One more suggestion would be not to upgrade the OS as well, if you want your CS product to work smoothly. Here's a link of system requirements for InDesign: InDesign system requirements

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines