• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Importer Reported a Generic Error importing video

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using Version 12.01 and everything up to date.

Attempted to upload good video data file that is usable within other platforms.  Receiving error The Importer Reported a Generic Error and does not allow import of video file.

Windows 7 Pro all up to date.

Used this software for 5+ years and never had the issue.  Nothing new or substantially different to OS files

Any assistance is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more information about the file, everything would be a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. What model of camcorder is this video from and what format and resolution is the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone, iPad .mov's which I have never had an issue with before.  Also shot off Casio F1/HD format.  Again, same issue; never had an issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Quicktime 7's video components installed?

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knock on wood, I think that fixed it.  Will keep you posted if it acts up again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the same problem by doing a "QuickTime" update.  Go figure, I thought you didn't have to be a computer geek to solve problems anymore.  Guess not everything is automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Quicktime is listed as a system requirement right on the box (and on the web page) for version 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Quicktime and AvidCodecsLE, still having the same issue with the lastest Premiere Pro CC 2018 version 12.1.1. But do not have this issue in version 12.0. Not sure what's happened. And it's so difficult to get chat with Adobe support team on this latest issue.:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about Premiere Pro? Because up until your last post, it appeared you were asking about Premiere Elements -- since you've posted to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and sorry. I was confused and mixed up. I am asking Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll move your question to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines