• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 Again and Again on Mac OS 10.12

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it occurs almost monthly on a regular basis when I try to open either Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements 15. I have set all preferences correctly as I was told on the application folders and everything within as well as those in App support in the library. It doesn't matter. Once a month like clockwork I try to open either one and get this error 16. After uninstalling and reinstalling both I am back in business again but only for a few weeks. I wish there was a way to yell at Adobe but because I do not use the professional versions I am limited to the user forums. Is there something that I am missing? I have been a user since version 8 and this is the first time I have ever encountered something like this.

iMac 27 inch late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7   Memory: 32 GB  Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's this, from the Mac forums. (Sierra definitely gives Adobe programs problems.)

TwinuserJun 4, 2017 7:37 AM in response to HuckinAlabama

Level 1 Level 1 (4 points)

Jun 4, 2017 7:37 AM https://discussions.apple.com/message/31828546#31828546in response to HuckinAlabama

Hi, this worked for me without uninstall/reinstall:

On Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore reset folder permissions to: Read & Write on all users. Apply to all underlaying folders and items.
On Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD reset folder permissions to: Read & Write (System), Read only (Admin & Everyone). Apply to all underlaying folders and items.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down CMD+ALT and P+R (reset PRAM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I'll give it a try. Right now I have all permissions set to read & write for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I have done everything Steve recommended exactly - then reset the PRAM. Both Photoshop and Premiere Elements opened normally. But they already had after I reinstalled them. I shall see how they behave for the next 3 or 4 weeks and report back. If it goes well beyond a month then I shall uncross my fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A big dud! Steve's recommendation worked the first time after I followed his instructions, but then four days later when I opened PE a second time I got the error 16 message. That was the fastest collapse I can remember. Since then I changed every Adobe permission I could find to allow everyone access. I so far I have used it successfully twice but it is obviously no guarantee. What infuriates me is that after all this time I cannot contact Adobe directly and get technical help - this forum seems to be my only recourse. One would think that Adobe might have recognized a problem with its Elements programs and Mac's system 10. Very depressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines