Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC Desktop CS 6 Photoshop (not) Extended

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been reading all the suggestions on how to make Extended work on PS CS6. Nothing helped.

This is my friend the MAC:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac14,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3,4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B14

SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

I have bought PS CS6 (not CC) Extended, and it doesn't work. I even created a new (all lower case) user on my Mac, still not working.

Please help.

Regina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When and where did you buy your perpetual CS6 standard licence?  Adobe no longer markets perpetual CS6 standard....

You can download and install CS6 from this link Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications  However, to activate it you will need a valid Adobe serial number for your licence.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's official Volume Software, which is sold as single licence here in Europe, in my case Germany. I was interested in PS CS6 Extended and bought it online. I do have an Adobe Software License Certificate.  The only downside, one cannot register the software.

Now, that this has been cleared up, I installed the software but Extended is not showing. I don't if you responsible for admin and/or Software problems, whatever case could you be so kind and forwarded to someone who can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Volume Software, which is sold as single licence

That is not legal... a volume license is sold to a company, to be installed on computers owned by that company... individual copies may not be re-sold to individuals

>only downside, one cannot register the software

That is correct, because what you have is not legal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original article is in german I translated with google. It's a quick and dirty job, but good enough (hopefully) to calm your nerves: https://www.golem.de/news/bgh-urteil-software-aus-volumenlizenzen-darf-einzeln-verkauft-werden-1412-...

BGH-Urteil: Software aus Volumenlizenzen darf einzeln verkauft werden - Golem.de

I don't know if it really will be translated, but you are smart enough to hit the appropriate button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

But those can be identified by the signifier beneath their avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reginah75388829  wrote

.  The only downside, one cannot register the software......

Hi

It sounds like there may be a bigger downside....

This is a user to user forum you are not addressing Adobe staff. As JJMack said - Adobe no longer sell CS6 (they stopped selling it on 9 January 2017). If you have bought from elsewhere and do not appear to have the product you bought then you will probably need to contact the retailer who sold it to you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines