• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are all layers cropped while I only crop one?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 layers. When I crop the one, the other one is cropped, too. I don't know why this happens. I tried restarting my computer and reinstalling Pts but they don't work. Please help me!

Thank you so much!

Here are the original layers

1.png

I crop one layer

2.png

Result:

The layer I cropped:

3.png

The other one:

4.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Image Crop crops the image not just one layer

Try this

Make your selection then, with the layer you want to cut down selected in the layers panel , go to Layer - Layer Mask - Reveal Selection (or click this symbol at the bottom of the layers panel )

This will add a mask showing the layer in the area you selected but showing the layer(s) below elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you do not understand what Image > Crop is supposed to do.

If you do not want to crop the image but a Layer just apply a Layer Mask to the Layer or invert the Selection and delete (though that may leave content that is off-canvas).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the Layer you seem to want to crop is a Smart Object deleting is not an option so apply the Selection as a Layer Mask (Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal Selection) instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Crop crops the image not just one layer

Try this

Make your selection then, with the layer you want to cut down selected in the layers panel , go to Layer - Layer Mask - Reveal Selection (or click this symbol at the bottom of the layers panel )

This will add a mask showing the layer in the area you selected but showing the layer(s) below elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines