Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same videos, but with 2 different thumbnails

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use After Effects, and Media encoder.

I have a video with a perfect thumbnail, but then I sat one of my layers opacity down in after effects and rendered again, and poooof. The Thumbnail were of some new content from the video (Went from clip 00:06 to clip 00:02)

I have written that there isn't any way Media encoder allows you to select a thumbnail for your video. But another forum says there is, talking about some encore thingy thing. :S

Link: CreativeCOW Controlling which image appears in "thumbnail" after rendering : Adobe Premiere Pro .

Okay back to the topic!!

I want to know if there is any tricks for me to choose where in the video I want the thumbnail to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

You aren't able to choose what a video thumbnail will be unless you are uploading it to VImeo or YouTube where you can set a custom one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post to the After Effects forum where you are more likely to get an answer to your question

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, it were a mistake, I am sorry for the bother

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this thumbnail needing to be displayed, exactly?
Most online video sites will allow you to choose the thumbnail frame (and/or upload an image).
Are you trying to control the thumbnail it displays in your file browser, or...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't able to choose what a video thumbnail will be unless you are uploading it to VImeo or YouTube where you can set a custom one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I can't say why AE has chosen two different frames for thumbnails from two supposedly identical clips, one myth I want to dispel is that thumbnails can't be set permanently to be the same thumbnail across all viewing platforms. It's up to the device/software/service you're viewing the video on to determine the thumbnail. I mean sometimes you get to pick your thumbnail for that service (as Kyle mentioned), but you can't set it once when you create the file and have it be the same across the board wherever the file may end up being viewed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't want to upload it anywhere, but it would be cool for my viewers to see a great thumbnail before I open the video.

This is what it looks like. Completely same file format and same program to view them in.

Only the opacity by the background fog is the difference between these two.

Anyway, I see you tell me that there isn't any option for me to choose a thumbnail, unless uploading it somewhere (which I don't want to )

So I have found my answer, = It's not possible Thank you for your answers

Question.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines