• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects cc 2017.2 keeps crashing on start up

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I recently downloaded after effects trial and I tried to open it up but it stops responding and I always have to close it.

I've already tried to reinstall after effects and tried searching up the problem but nothing seems to work. I even tried resetting my laptop. What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Looks like my problem has been resolved. The culprit turned out to be my password manager, KeePass. When I close that, all my issues are resolved. So if any of you have a password manager installed and open, close it and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here right after Update CC2017.2 (14.2)
Nothing helps.

Adobe, please! Tell us something! Help! Please. We need to work today. We need it NOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was Afterburner..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting "Adobe After Effects 14.2 Prefs.txt" (Windows location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\14.2) before opening After Effects seems to fix the problem once. After closing After Effects and opening it again without removing the preference file, it crashes.

Errors showing up in Event Viewer can be different

Faulting application name: AfterFX.exe, version: 14.2.0.198

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\AfterFX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

or

Faulting application name: AfterFX.exe, version: 14.2.0.198

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\AfterFX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

I also tried different settings for the graphics card, reinstalling and removing plugins and reinstalled After Effects, but the only thing that kind of worked is removing the preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted prefs.txt but it doesn't seem to solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, It work for me thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried for sooooo long to get this app to work on this Windows 7 PC.  You helped me figure it out! thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you are in a pc? because the new windows 10 update have a problem with the new version of After Effects. I had the same problem and i solved it removing the last windows 10 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remove the last update for some reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RinaC,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..

as for me, i'm having the same problem.. and i have searched many threads and forum but every method they did still didn't work..

what to do? how do you fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She may not..but there are at least  10 others who have selected that they have the same  problem. I am one. I cannot use this app at all, it just crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates from Adobe? I work in a team environment and we are all having problems upgrading from 14.0 to 14.1 and 14.2. Several team members are not seeing any updates after 14.0, and the rest of us cannot open 14.2 and have to revert to 14.1 in order to continue working.

We are looking for an answer past deleting preferences, and uninstall/reinstall. We have tried these solutions with After Effects and Creative Cloud and are still unable to get 14.2 to open.

All on Mac up-to-date OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem as everyone else here. I'm able to make few changes in my project but in couple of minutes the whole thing crashes. What am I able to do to fix this? Come on Adobe we are paying customers and we need answers! Our jobs are depending on it so could you please care just a little bit???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arturs19245985  wrote

I too have the same problem as everyone else here. I'm able to make few changes in my project but in couple of minutes the whole thing crashes. What am I able to do to fix this? Come on Adobe we are paying customers and we need answers! Our jobs are depending on it so could you please care just a little bit???

Your issue sounds very different from the one that started this thread. Since you are able to open AE and get to work, your issue is not the same! Please start a new thread and give us as much information as you can. We'll try to help you. If you want help from Adobe and not just your fellow users like me, you can contact Adobe support (but heed the advice I just gave in bold in my previous post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thanks but the support chat is currently disabled for some reason (probably because After Effects cc 2017.2 version is so filled with bugs that everyone's contacting you all the time and your support crew can't stand the heat).

I will start a new thread but I wish there will be someone much more pleasant and more qualified customer servant to answer my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem after new install, delete preferences, quits on start up.

Windows 10. Need to work... please fix..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple de install, re install ae cc2017 will not work,

what is up???

windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com o mesmo problema, ele dá erro na hora da inicialização. Ajuda por favor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had these same issues, and more, since updating to Ae 2017. Apparently, there is no fix available. Thus far, the only thing that has worked for me is, after starting my system in the morning, I immediately start Ae first, before anything else. After it opens, I then open Pr. From that point on, I never close either one of them, just leave them open until I shut things down at night.

I do this because, on my system, it seems that after I open and run any other software, the odds are, I will never get Ae to open, even after deleting 1-4 Ae proccesses I find still running in the background. I almost always have to restart my system, and Ae has to be the very first app I open.

Pr can't even find the Ae project I imported unless Ae is open. In fact, I had to have Ae open just to import the Ae project into Pr because the dynamic link failed. And, yes, I have deleted preferences and uninstalled/reinstalled, all to no avail.

I have a feeling this is going to go on for a while before it gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @RopeChoker,

I have this problem at work and have programs for security and other related programs that load on start-up which I cannot disable. When you start AE first does that include programs that are opening from start-up commands? Curious, because if you even got it to open in 14.2 at all that is more than I can currently get working. I will be trying this today...

Thanks in advance for any response!

Erin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ErinAtWork

No, I don't disable anything that loads on start-up. I let everything load, antivirus, etc., then I open Ae, followed by Pr.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am crashing aswell, reinstalling a previous version....new is that cuda is not being recognized anymore (on the previous versions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mlynek  wrote

I am crashing aswell, reinstalling a previous version....new is that cuda is not being recognized anymore (on the previous versions)

Could you be a bit more specific about your issue? When does it crash? Where are you seeing a message about CUDA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this related to grooveex.dll?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines