Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to downsize without losing quality?

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I've been having a problem. I've downloaded a paperback mockup template, and I want to add my book cover to it and then place the mockup on my Facebook/YouTube/Twitter covers. However, the only mockups I can find are very high resolution (which you would think shouldn't be a problem), and in comparion the cover photos aren't that high at all, especially compared to the mockup. The problem I'm having is when I scale down the mockup onto the cover photos, it becomes kind of blurry. I think this is to do with the high res mockup being scaled down a lot, but I've tried using the biburic option whilst downsizing, and I still get the problem. Can anyone give me adivce on what to do?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you scaling a smart object or just regular free transform? Can you post what the image is and the type/quality it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the mock up is a smart obkect but I needed it to be transparent. So, I removed the background in that project and saved it as a PNG, and then 'placed' it into my Facebook cover photo file. But, for some reason It seems as if it still acts as a smart object. I'll post images of the orignal mockup, and it placed into the cover photo file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines