• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do you make "by filename" default in Adobe Bridge?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Photoshop 2017.0.1 on a new Imac.  In Bridge 2017 7.0.0.93, I can't get the "sort by" option to stay on "by filename". It

jumps to "by date created". "by filename" is supposed to be the default, but I can't make it stay there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should default to the last setting you used. Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually dragging the thumbnails will override the sort order.  I wonder if the OP has done that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true, but that will leave the sort order in manual mode rather than by date created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Dennis. When I drag the thumbnails while in "Date Created" mode, it changes to manual. I want to set the default to "Filename".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no real default, S the settings are sticky. If you drag files around, you're going to have to reset the sort order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  It seems to be defaulting to "Date Created" instead of "Filename".  I can't find where to change it in preferences. If I have it set to "Filename" which is the way I want it and I close that file, when I open another file it changes back to "Date Created".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Untitled.png
I'm a windows user, I'm not sure that it will work on mac, But you can try this for once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines