• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects toolbar has become undocked and can't be redocked. Have reinstalled 5 times with same result.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened After Effects and noticed that the Toolbar was missing ... went to the windows drop down and activated it but it just appears as a white bar. and cannot be docked. I have reinstalled 5 times with the same result. When I uninstall AE there is the prompt to delete user preferences ... which I click on then it uninstalls the program ... but when I reinstall it still has all of the preferences installed ..... WTF.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Go to Windows > Workspace and select another workspace to see if the toolbar works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Windows > Workspace and select another workspace to see if the toolbar works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remains as a useless blank white bar across the screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to delete the preferences using this method: Launch After Effects and immediately hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift. You will be prompted to delete After Effects Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Darn .... Ya I will do that ..... Forgot about that trick ..... Got flustered with a Friday night deadline!!! Thanx Jose!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK .... I just set it to open all panels and that rectified the issue!!!! Thanx a bunch !!!!

Still concerned that I can't get a clean fresh install .... that usually rectifies these things!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines