Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Module Constantly Going Offline

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

Thanks in advance for your help. After having just upgraded to the latest version of Lightroom 2015.10.1 the map module constantly switches on and off to offline mode. Every time the map moves, the module switches to offline mode for around two seconds while it loads and then switches back. This has never been an issue with any previous version. Has anyone else experienced this? Anybody got a fix?

Thanks, Max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

See Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a few threads down there already is a thread for the same issue.

Maps going offline every few seconds

You may join there instead of this new thread and also add you vote here: map module keeps flashing "map offline" when it's not | Photoshop Family Customer Community

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

See Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the new version and the problem seemed to be resolved.

Thanks,

Aloisius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Lightroom 5.7.1? I got this issue a few days ago, and have no intention to switch to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5 will no longer be updated.  You can upgrade to Lightroom 6 (non cc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem fixed in Lightroom 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so if I upgrade to 6.12 from 5.7.1, it should be working. How long before forced to upgrade again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all software has always been changing and evolving ever since MSDOS.

Secondly, you are not being forced to upgrade at all.

Thirdly, if you subscribe to CC using the Photography Plan, you will always be up to date.

Your Call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license was purchased for a specific product Lightroom 5 with well described feature set and specification.

When version 6 came out along with CC license, it was clear that no new feature would justify an upgrade.

Still running my business on the same pc with the same software licensed according to my needs. And everything is working as promised.

Now the Adobe product is not working as promised. it is not my fault.

Still, I am willing to pay more for having my program and therefore my business working. But not the amount of money CC requires.

Don't you think it is fare, for me, to have an estimation of when the product will be broken again?

From my point of view a stand alone license cost almost the same as a year of Lr CC.

So it might be that Adobe will be having its stand alone program broken every year. Or every 3 years. And I mean broken not upgraded. 

Let me know, and then it will be my call.

After all I went all the way From DOS to Win10 because any new version was better not because the previous was broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is clear that there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the commerce of software liscence, duration of a liscense, software/program updates, and maintaining obsolete products.

Lightroom 6 was released in April 2015, and the map map module would not have exhibited issues had you not downloaded (free) updates/upgrades) to get the new features That you didn't originall liscense. Therefore, not only is it evident that you value getting (free) enhancements, but your premise is false because you are not using what you originally liscensed.

$10/mo ain't cheap. But it is less than buying static license every few years.

PS - the map module issue was fixed weeks ago....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

purchased a license for Lr 5 witch I still use. And now it is broken.

what misunderstanding are you talking about?

duration of license? Let me know about it. Had license for Lr 5 expiration day it is my fault, but then again the original question was how long will the license for Lr 6 will last.

That simple.

I run a business and pay for licensing software. I had no idea there is an expiration day on that.

however someone is getting rude instead of trying to Help or even support.

Can anyone tell me how long will the Lr 6 last before sth brake and therefor force to upgrade?

or at least post a link to Lr6 license so as to read for myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeorgeG74  wrote

Can anyone tell me how long will the Lr 6 last before sth brake and therefor force to upgrade?

or at least post a link to Lr6 license so as to read for myself.

I have a 3 year old Subaru that has been working great since I bought it new.  Can you tell me when I will be forced to make a major repair?

Seriously, we are all users here just like you, not Adobe, so we cannot vouch for the future of Adobe products.  Also please understand that the reason the map is flashing off line is a result of changes made at Google, not Adobe.  Nobody predicted that change before it happened, but when it did, it affected all Lightroom versions including the then current versions of LR6/2015.  Adobe had already announced that they were no longer updating LR5 but responded quickly with corrections to LR6/2015 to fix the connectivity with Google Maps resulting from changes at Google.

If I were running a business that depended on up to date working software, then I would either subscribe to the Cloud program, which I do because I am running a business and feel that this is the best solution for my business, or, at the very least, plan ahead regarding software obsolescence and periodically upgrade my software to the latest version.  This would be no different that if I were running a business which relied on my Subaru; I would either lease the car or upgrade every x years.

Basically it is not possible for us users to provide assurance for Lightroom 6, so instead of being forced to make changes, be proactive in your business and plan for future changes based on your own requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your time JoeKostoss. really appreciated. I wish there was support, that I could reach, so as not to consume your time.

Of course maps is kind of useful, so I seriously consider upgrading but not to CC version unless there is no alternative.

That is, if stand alone lasts for a year only, then CC is the only option.

All I asked is how long info to make that decision.

Still I can't see how being proactive has anything to do with this situation. Usually software is upgraded when new features of any use are coming out. In Lr 6 no such feature was there for me. Therefore no reason to upgrade for me. But that might be me thinking wrong.

So is there a way to find out how long the Lr6 will be covered by updates? or maintenance? Not new features. Just support. How long? 1 year? 3years?

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the users here know the answer.  If Adobe knows the answer, they are not saying; those that do know have signed an NDA.  We all expect LR7 to be issued eventually and really do not expect LR to go the way of CC only, but that is just conjecture.  Only way to find out is to wait for Adobe to make the next move.

For what it's worth, based on past history, LR7 is past due.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much JoeKostoss,

I'll go on purchasing a new license once I have a look to the terms of it. There should be a copy somewhere on the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I might be wrong, but I recall Adobe advising when LR6.0 was released that it would be the last iteration of the static liscense version of LR. I believe that there have been several LRCC features added that were not extended to LR6 - even publicized this point when some releases rolled out. Also, the full nationality of LR Mobile (which has come a loooong way since 2015) is not available to LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines