• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color difference between Lightroom and Exported Photo

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After exporting a photo, I'm noticing a major difference in colors between the photo I've exported (now being viewed outside of Lightroom) and the photo as it looked in Lightroom. I'm not sure if this is a color space issue or a calibration issue or something else entirely. My camera (Nikon D750) is set to sRGB, as are the exports. Below is a screen shot of the exported photo (on left) and as it shows in the Lightroom development panel (on right). What is causing this, and how can I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

meljtabb wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a color space issue or a calibration issue or something else entirely.

You seem to be using the Windows Photos App, which is not color managed, and will not display correct colors.

Lightroom is color managed, and will display correct colors, as long as the monitor profile is correct.

This difference in color is more pronounced if you have wide gamut monitor, in which case you have to use only color managed applications to view your work.

Bridge and Irfanview a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that the application you are using to view the photo outside of Lightroom is not color managed.

What application is it?

Also, is your monitor calibrated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meljtabb wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a color space issue or a calibration issue or something else entirely.

You seem to be using the Windows Photos App, which is not color managed, and will not display correct colors.

Lightroom is color managed, and will display correct colors, as long as the monitor profile is correct.

This difference in color is more pronounced if you have wide gamut monitor, in which case you have to use only color managed applications to view your work.

Bridge and Irfanview are both free and color managed (you have to enable color management under Settings in Irfanview).

On Windows 10, the Windows Photo Viewer is apparently still color managed, but it's hidden somewhere. Do a search for it.

A paid option is the latest version of ACDSee (20).

My camera (Nikon D750) is set to sRGB

The color space you set in the camera only affects jpgs (and the jpg embedded in the raw files), if you shoot raw, it doesn't matter which color space you choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue even with calibrated monitors, and tried even using monitors of friends but the same thing was happening. A color and contrast shift. Meltjabb, did you end up getting matching colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already said, Windows 10 and Wondows Photo are not color managed. As a consequence the colors seen in Windows photo are not correct.

However, the old Win7 Photo Viewer is color managed and it is still there in Windows 10, although hidden. You can activate it as decibed HERE

The problem with sending photo to other is that you have no garantee they will see your image the way you edited it, and there is nothing you can do about that. It all depends if they are using a calibrated monitor and a color managed application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please check if you may have some sort of color management in the app you're using. I see differences too if I watch on "preview", the mac app versus anything else...

Gabriele Lopez Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines