• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 2015.10.1: Module Picker vanished

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until a few days ago everything was fine, my LR UI was set mostly to the defaults, showing the module picker and identity plate. Two days ago aI updated Windows 10 to the Creators Update; opening LR today I found the module picker vanished and exchanged for a small double arrow, which, clicked shows the module entries. The identity plate is still there. The double arrow, when right-clicked, shows all modules checked ['Show all' is greyed out obviously].

170617 12.18.01.png

Has anybody an idea what happened and what I can do to resolve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

I don't recall you doing as suggested to Restart the Computer, Reboot the system and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have your tried restarting Lightroom? Or restarting the computer?

Try pressing F5 (hides/shows the module picker) a few times.

If that doesn't work, try pressing Shift+F a few times to cycle through the screen modes.

If all of the above fails, try resetting the preferences.

Click the icon to launch Lightroom, then immediately press Alt+Shift, and click Yes in the dialog that pops up.

(on my computer, the dialog opens minimized, so keep an eye on the taskbar if it doesn't appear)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hitting <F5> several times: While doing wht it is supposed to do, it does not bring back the module picker.

<Shift>+<f> doesn't help either.

Will try resetting preferences later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anything happen when you toggle the show/hide disclosure triangle at the top and center? Does this only happen in the Library module? Can you toggle the Module picker on and off in the develop module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggling the upper triangle does what it is supposed to do but does not bring back the module picker.

It is the same in all modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you completely shut down your computer and restarted?

Toggling the triangle is supposed to hide and show the module picker so I am not sure what you mean by  'Toggling the upper triangle does what it is supposed to do but does not bring back the module picker.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it hides the pane containing identity plate and module picker. As you see from my screen grab, there are no module names shown to pick from - hence, no module picker proper, only the area it usually occupies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall you doing as suggested to Restart the Computer, Reboot the system and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, wasn't able to do the more invasive steps earlier. After restarting not only LR but the whole system last night, the module picker is back. Still interest in why it vanished in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines